Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter...by Mary Hazlett


Okay...bring on the Sunshine!!!  I am so ready for it!  I believe that New Year's Resolutions might be a bit easier with a little more sun and heat.  So, yes it is that dreaded time again of resolutions to make our lives better.  A time to reminisce about the past 12 months and think.....Did I do what I wanted too?  


I almost feel a four letter word coming to surface now merely because I remember my goals last January and I didn't think they were that lofty...but somehow...NOW they seem like Mount Everest....what the heck was I thinking.  Yikes, I am more in debt than I have ever been with the purchase of my father's home, an addition, another car.......and another addition on its way (baby #3).  With the third addition to our family I definitely did not meet my fitness and weight loss goals...YIKES......(I am just going to shoot for 10 pounds this next year and come March 19th that will be taken care of).  I believe my siblings know how much I love them...and I think, at least most days, I am enjoying watching my kids grow.

So, what am I to do in 2015 to boost my moral of life and goal setting?  Well, thanks for asking....I do have a plan to SIMPLIFY my life and be a little more gentle with myself!!

1.  Repeat the mantra every morning, " I am good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like me...and that does not include your children."
2.  Adopt the motto, "Just make it!"
3.  Colorful metaphors are not a good way to express yourself unless you pretend you are Spock and can tell Captain Kirk off.

And finally...

4.  Be grateful everyday that you have a family to love, a God in Heaven, and food to eat (even though.... mine will mostly be chocolate, Mountain Dew, and cereal).

That pretty much wraps it up!  Some years can seem like a marathon of ups, downs, sways, and swoops....but the trick is to just enjoy the ride.  My resolutions for 2015 summed up is "Enjoy life".

Share your stories with us at nutshellstories@gmail.com

" What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. "~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment