Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's The Simple Things...by Jim Terry

To our dear readers of "In A Nutshell"...Please stay tuned as our posting schedule is changing! Our new schedule for posts will be on Mondays with a few special holidays, birthdays and events on the days that they fall on.  

We have come to realize that the amazing talent of our Mother far surpasses the time and the talent that us children have to do her justice.  So in allocating more time for posts, we hope to continue to bring you the quality that she shared with you and the quality that you deserve. 

However, I did want to share one quick thought with you today though...While I was on vacation in Cancun, I saw this young boy on an old broken down couch as HAPPY as can be. If you look at the couch it has several holes in it, his shoes are worn and the small toy car in his hand was missing a wheel as I watched this young boy "drive" his car along the ground.  

As I witnessed the complacency of this young boy and his surroundings in his simple life, it made me think of so many things I am blessed to have in my life and am so grateful for...my family, my home, my job, my friends and my life...Funny how witnessing one small boy's satisfaction and happiness in his life can make a grown man think...isn't it? 


So as the great Confucius said..."Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated!"

My advice to you this week....don't sweat the small stuff and keep it "SIMPLE"!  It may turn out to be one of the best weeks you have had all year...Go out and PLAY! 

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment