Monday, October 28, 2013

High Protein? ...


Marlene Terry
Happened on to High Protein Foods site on Facebook the other day and found it to be absolutely filled with great looking ... as well I'm sure great tasting, healthy recipes.
I was immediately drawn to a unique way to make and enjoy caramel apples.

"Perfect idea for Halloween," I thought, or an anytime fall/winter treat.

Try as I might though, I couldn't fathom how in the world this dish would be considered high protein.

OK. We all know the apple is the healthy part. But I have to admit I was a little uncomfortable promoting that wonderful, chewy caramel, although it's no secret that taste is one of my favorites.

However I eventually DID let go of my doubts and decided to share the instructions.

The fact that I happily agreed 100 percent, with one of the responses that followed the recipe, made it easy!

"It's a good way to get portion control," was the comment.
... Aah! A rational answer to my question. And a reason to go ahead and enjoy this neat treat ... ... in moderation of course!

Following are the 'how to' instructions as they appeared on Facebook. 


"Do u love caramel apples but hate trying to eat them? Try it this way! Hollow out your apples, Balance the apple halves in a muffin pan) and fill them with melted caramel. Allow the caramel to set and cut into slices! 
Yummy! 

♦ Hope you'll let me share YOUR stories and photos here at my residence "In a Nutshell." Email me at nutshellstories@gmail.com. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment