Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Strength...by Gina Waite



Truth is...I've never really felt like a strong person.  I've had moments where I felt strong but overall, most of the time have felt like a leaf in the wind of circumstance, ready to rip apart at the first torrential gust!  Situations in life definitely test our fortitude and help us to know "the stuff that we're REALLY made of."  In the last two years I have witnessed great strength and courage that will be an example to me for the rest of my life.


          
My Dads' are amazing men!  My Father-in-law and my Dad are both men of great strength and courage.  Both of these men have been tested to the very core of their strength and come away Victors' of life's challenges!  After submitting themselves to the roller coaster of life...I observe them now, having bid their ride partners and sweethearts "goodbye" for a time, still riding the roller coaster with hands held high, ready for the next undulation and exhilaration of the ride with feet planted solidly on either side of the car!

Having witnessed these men, who have been tested and tried and still come away smiling and looking forward to the ride...come what may, I am reminded of a favorite quote:

“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…delays…sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling burst of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”   ~Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment